“My healing focus is on the whole person. I’m committed to providing my patients with a comprehensive healthcare experience that makes a difference in their lives. I tailor my treatment with patients to their unique condition and life circumstances. Patients who are willing to apply suggested nutritional and herbal protocols and are determined to make essential, healthy dietary and lifestyle adaptations experience rewarding health, vitality and quality of life improvements.”
Dr. Sara Kendall Gordon, LAc DAOM specializes in Integrative and Functional Medicine and Body-Mind therapies. Her care is personal, patient-centered and educational. After taking a comprehensive history and carefully listening, she will spend time to question and examine each patient. Using predictive lab testing, nutritional supplements and acupuncture treatments, she has treated chronic and acute immune and autoimmune disorders, pain and inflammation, digestive, thyroid, hormones and endocrinology and optimizing brain function. She empowers her patients in restoring and managing optimal health and wellness. Her protocols incorporate acupuncture with traditional Chinese and western herbal medicine, nutritional supplements, dietary, exercise and lifestyle approaches.
Dr. Gordon has deeply studied the interconnection of all the organs and systems within the body, and how they interact with each other and our environment, through the paradigms of Functional Medicine, Oriental Medicine and spirituality. Through her guidance, she will share with you this interconnection and how the environment, stress, foods, and pathogens can create damaging inflammatory effects and how to regain your health.
Since 1998, she continues to study with Datis Kharrazian, DC, CNC, DABFM, and has trained extensively in Functional Medicine, Neuro-Endocrine Immunology, Thyroid issues, Brain and Neurotransmitter assessment, Functional Blood Chemistry and Laboratory Assessment.
She mentored closely with Dr. Stephen Stiteler, OMD, HMD, NMD, for over 14 years and became a proficient bio-energetic practitioner using muscle testing. Dr. Stiteler also taught her the foundational similarities of Oriental Medicine, Homeopathy and Naturopathy and how to integrate these three models.
Dr. Gordon received her Doctorate in Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine from Five Branches University, San Jose, California in 2009. In 1993, she earned her Master’s Degree in Traditional Oriental Medicine from Emperor’s College of Traditional Oriental Medicine in Santa Monica, California. She has been trained in many forms of acupuncture including Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Taiwanese, and French. Dr. Gordon also brings to her practice training from the California School of Medical Science (Swedish massage, shiatsu, deep tissue bodywork), and the Transpersonal Hypnotherapy Institute (transpersonal hypnotherapy, transpersonal NLP, and medical hypnosis), as well as Biodynamic Cranial Touch. She received her Bachelor’s of Fine Arts in Ballet with a Musical Theater emphasis in 1976 from the University of Utah, in Salt Lake City, Utah. Prior to embarking on her medical career she spent 13 years in the world of professional dance.
Dr. Sara Kendall Gordon has been a student and practitioner of meditation since 1980. She is a fully certified teacher of the Realization Process through Judith Blackstone, PhD. She offers ongoing educational classes in optimal health and lifestyle, and continues to dance with the Don’t Quit Your Day Job Dancers in Sausalito, California.
- Owner and Director of Marin Optimal Health, San Rafael, CA
- Presently in private practice
- Certifications in Functional Blood Chemistry, Functional Thyroid Analysis, Functional AutoImmunity, Functional Endocrinology, Food Sensitivities and the Neuro-Immune Endocrine Axis, The NeuroEndocrine Immunology of Environmental Triggers, Gluten and Cross Reactive Food Sensitivities, The Neuroendocrine Immunology of Exercise, Estrogen and the impacts on the NeuroEndocrine Immune System, and Functional Brain Chemistry and Neurotransmitters, Bio-Terrain Analysis and Metabolic Markers
- Certifications in The Realization Process, Integrative Awakening, Biodynamic Cranial Touch, Transpersonal Clinical Hypnotherapy, Shiatsu and Deep Tissue Massage
- Acupuncturists Without Borders, Ecuador 2010
- Presented and co-facilitated with Adyashanti “Body Dharma”, a weekend intensive (from original material entitled “Five Elements: Pathways to the Self”) for the Open Gate Sangha, Inc., Palo Alto, CA. (2000)
- Founded Open Gate Sangha, Inc., as founding board member, Los Gatos, CA (2000-2003) (a non-profit company created to support the spiritual teachings of Adyashanti, who gave her the name “Pralaya“, meaning “stillness”)
- Gave public dharma talks for the Open Gate Sangha, Inc., as a student/teacher, at the request of Adyashanti (2000-2003)
- Worked extensively on staff for the Open Gate Sangha, Inc. Personal Assistant and Event Managementduties included: assisting Adyashanti personally, conceptualizing structure of events with Adyashanti, organizing local talks, intensives and retreats, as well as travel engagements, organizing event volunteers, event marketing and public relations, in office and on location. Santa Monica, CA, Los Gatos, CA and travel locations (1999-2003)
- Founded and facilitated the “Awakening Support Group,” Santa Monica, CA.(1998-2000)
- Authored and presented “Five-Elements: Pathways to the Self” at Yo-San University of Oriental Medicine in Santa Monica, CA (1998)
- Authored and hosted “Body Wisdom”, an educational video program for psychotherapists, nurses and health practitioners, available through the Transpersonal Hypnotherapy Institute, Vista, CO (1994)
- Private practice in Santa Monica, CA (1993-2000)
- Taught acupressure at Emperor’s College of Oriental Medicine(1992)
- California State License in Acupuncture (1993 to present)
- Doctorate in Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine (2009) Five Branches University, San Jose, CA
- Master of Traditional Oriental Medicine (1993) Emperor’s College of Oriental Medicine, Santa Monica, CA
- Diplomat in Acupuncture (1993 – 2013) Certified by National Commission for the Certification of Acupuncturists and Oriental Medicine
- Functional Blood Chemistry Analysis, Functional Endocrinology Analysis, Functional Thyroid Analysis, Advanced Functional Endocrinology and Auto Immune Analysis, Neurotransmitter and Brain Analysis (2003 – present) Certified by Datis Kharrazian, D.C., M.S., C.N.S., C.C.N., D.M.Sc.
- Fully Certified Realization Process Practitioner (2009 – 2011) Certified by Judith Blackstone, PhD.
- Psycho-Spiritual Integrative Awakening Practitionerr (2009) Certified by Neil Steven Cohen
- Biodynamic Cranial Touch Practitionetr (2008) Certified by Charles Ridley
- Bio-Terrain and Meta-Marx Diagnostic Systems including clinical nutritional profiling, saliva, urine and blood testing (1997-2006) Certified by Steven Stiteler, O.M.D., N.M.D., H.M.D.
- Transpersonal and Medical Hypnotherapy, and NLP (1995) Certified by Transpersonal Hypnotherapy Institute, Boulder, CO.
- Bioresonance muscle testing including Integra, Rapid Allergy Desensitization and Futureplex Homeopathics (1994-2000) Certified by Apex Energetics, Santa Ana, CA
- Japanese Polarity Acupuncture, Korean Constitutional Acupuncture, German Bio-Energetic Diagnosis and Homeopathy, comprehensive blood test analysis and dark field microscopy (1992-2000) Apprenticeship with Steven Stiteler, O.M.D., N.M.D., H.M.D.
- Massage Therapy (1987) Certified by California School of Medical Sciences, Beverly Hills
- Bachelor’s of Fine Arts in Ballet with Musical Theater Emphasis (1976) University of Utah, Salt Lake City